The holiday season is upon us and so is the battle to resist temptations that will keep us from reaching our health/fitness goals. Here are a few strategies to help keep you on the right path… or at least keep you in the general vicinity of the right path.
Eat before going to a party
– Having a healthy meal before going to a party will deter and fill you up a bit or at the very least, keep you from binging on the chips and dip. Arriving to a party on an empty stomach is healthy eating suicide.
Focus on the people not the food
– Holiday parties are meant to be spending quality time with your loved ones. Celebrate your relationships and catch up with friends and family instead of lurking by the food table.
Keep healthy snacks at the office
– This should help you steer clear of all the holiday treats that tend to parade around the office this time of year.
Manage portion sizes
– If you do decide to indulge on a piece of pie, use the smaller plates so at least you feel guilty and ashamed of that pie towering over your tiny plate
Keep coming in to 626
– It’s inevitable at some point to enjoy yourself during the holidays and you should. So burn off those extra calories with all of us at 626. Duh!
Author: Coach Jon
Workouts for Week 12.7.15
Monday: Split Squat; Run / Back Squats / Pull Ups / Handstand Push Ups / Power Cleans
Tuesday: Bench Press / Dumbbell Rows; AMSU / Dumbbell Snatch / Burpees
Wednesday: Hang Clean / Clean / Jerk; Overhead Squat / Box Jumps / GHD Sit ups
Thursday: Snatch-Grip Deadlift / Banded Tricep Extensions; Run / Manmakers
Friday: Front Squats; Ring Flutters; Row
Saturday: Shoulder Press / Hollow Rocks / Superman Rocks / Toes to Bar / Wall Balls / Double Unders
December Holiday Schedule:
Thur 12/24 CF 9am
Fri 12/25 Closed
Sat 12/26 Closed
Thur 12/31 CF 9am and 5.30pm; CF Kids 4.30pm
Fri 1/1 Closed
*Dates not posted are regular schedule